Are you looking for ways to spice up your potato wedges? If yes, then these Baked Potato Wedge Recipes are perfect for you. They come with some interesting toppings and flavors that will surely add flavor to your meal.
Potatoes are a versatile vegetable that can be prepared in various ways. From mashed potatoes to french fries, they are a staple food around the globe. Potatoes also contain potassium, vitamin C, fiber, and other nutrients.
Potato wedges are a great way to enjoy them. These wedges are crispy on the outside and fluffy inside. They are usually served hot or warm. The recipes below are sure to give you some new ideas to try out.
How To Make
This is a healthy makeover to potato wedges. Why fry potato wedges when you can bake them and still have the same taste. It is a great evening snack for kids and a healthy option to fries.
- 2 potatoes washed and cut into wedges (do not peel)
- 4 cloves of garlic crushed
- ¼ tsp of oregano
- ¼ tsp of black pepper crushed
- 1 tsp of red chili powder (increase or decrease as per taste)
- Salt as per taste
- 1 and ½ tbsp of olive oil (any oil will do)
Preheat the oven at 200°C (392°F) for 10 minutes.
In a pan, add garlic to hot oil and let it sit for a few minutes before using.
Add salt, oregano (or rosemary), black pepper, red chili flakes, and olive oil to a mixing bowl.
Add in the potatoes and coat them very thoroughly with the oil mixture.
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and arrange the potatoes on it.
Bake for 7-8 minutes (keep checking it between)they are soft.
Baked Potato Wedges
- 2 Potatoes washed and cut into wedges (do not peel)
- 4 cloves Garlic (crushed)
- ¼ tsp Oregano
- ¼ tsp Black pepper crushed
- 1 tsp Red chili powder (increase or decrease as per taste)
- salt as per taste
- 1½ tbsp Olive oil (any oil will do)
- Preheat oven at 200°C (392°F) for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil and add garlic to it and set it aside to cool.
- In bowl add salt, oregano, pepper, red chili and cooled oil.
- Mix in it potatoes and coat them very well with the oil mixture.
- Take a baking tray and line it with silver foil.
- Arrange potato wedges on it.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes (keep checking it between) until they are soft.
Are homemade potato wedges healthy?
Yes. Homemade potato wedges are healthier because they don’ t contain preservatives or artificial additives. They are also lower in calories and fat compared to store bought ones.
Why are my potato wedges soggy?
Overcrowding baked potato wedges when placing them on the baking tray can cause them to become soggy.
To prevent this from happening, make sure there is space between each wedge so that hot air can circulate between them to make them crispy.
If you want to serve them later, put them in a plastic bag before storing them in the refrigerator.
What temperature should potato wedges be cooked?
To ensure that your potatoes don’t become mushy, try cooking them at 392 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius) for 10 minutes.
This will give them enough time to brown and crisp up without burning. Let them cool completely before slicing them into wedged.
How long does it take to bake potatoes at 375 degrees fahrenheit?
Baking potatoes requires much higher heat than boiling them. The inside of a potato gets hotter faster than the outside, so the center cooks before the edges. This means that the time required to cook a potato depends on its size. Smaller potatoes require less time to cook than larger ones.
It takes approximately 25 minutes to cook a medium sized potato at 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius).